Sunday, April 27, 2008

As Lived

Okay, here it is. I have actually been meaning to start this for quit sometime. So as most of you know I am here in Iraq, but not at the Army's demand. I actually volunteered for this assignment. Like I have for just about every assignment I have been on (except Korea). Volunteering obviously meant that I knew exactly what I was getting myself into, and no I am not talking just about being in Iraq where who knows what dangers you will face when you ride outside of the wire. I am actually talking about the other sacrifices. Such as leaving my wife for a year, again. Or leaving Aiden to grow up for the next 365 days without his father. Or missing the opportunity to watch my wife's stomach swell bigger and bigger by the week as she was pregnant with our second child. Now don't get me wrong, it isn't easy. In fact it is rather hard to do. But, the part that really hurts. Well I am sure you all have guessed it. Missing the birth of my second child. Now that is something that I will never be able to forget or make up. Sorry Jack, but I still love you and I can wait for the day to come to hold you in my hands.

Now a lot of people have asked me why I didn't come home. Some say it is because of this or that, but the reality of it is I have a lot of things to get done on the house. Which means once again the pressure is going to be on my wife to see that this all gets done. Since she has the list of stuff to do, not only that she is the site foreman. Which means I am going to have to manage working on the house while at the same time giving my boys the much deserved and needed attention from there father. Which trust me is long over due. Plus Jennifer needs some much needed time to herself, after all she does deserve it. Plus I think Aiden is way over due on a father son talk. I just hope it goes better than the ones I had with my father, although I will admit they usually ended up with the two of us drinking a beer and 90% of the problems resolved. I know Aiden is to young for a beer, but hopefully he will settle for a glass of milk and cookies. I know Jennifer will.

Aiden, from what I have been told, but mostly from what I have read from my wife's blog.
Pretty much to some it all up, has and is following in his father's foot steps. At 2 yrs old, he is already a joker, troublemaker, and a finger's me gee (my grandma gave me that nickname at a very young age). Apparently he has his little fingers in everything you could put them in. from Jack's nose to the CD drive on the computer. I am not sure if it more of curiosity of how things work, which could mean we have an undiscovered baby genius on our hands. Or if it is he wants to know how much man power things can take before they break. Which means we have a demolitions expert on our hands. Well if I ever need to move a mountain I know who I can rely on. Quick hide the tools before he figures out how to take the door knobs off.

3 comments:

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

We miss you too. :-)

Mike Daley said...

Of my three daughters, I was only there for one of the births, and I think they all love me alright.

The time you can make for your kids is as important as the love they know you have for them and their mom when away.

Handleman in another life said...

Don't every doubt that Aiden knows you love him Chris - and you are still his favorite toy. :-) He talks about you and points you out in every picture hanging on the wall at home! Jack will come to know the same thing very quickly. They are BOTH baby geniuses...

I won't say 'don't worry about them' cause you probably will anyway; but hopefully Mike and I are helping to fill the gap just a little and make things easier for Jenn.

We love you and we'll see you soon!

Pam - mom #2