Wednesday, June 11, 2008

CARS

Thank God Aiden doesn't know how to read just yet. For I am sure this post will really make him upset with me. All of us at one time or another had a favorite movie to watch, heck mine is still a Christmas Story. But honestly (ssssshhhhhhhh! don't tell Jennifer about this) that movie is getting rather old and boring. I really think someone in Hollywood needs to make a newer version of it. I won't go into detail on what I would do to make it more modern. Anyways, my son Aiden loves Cars, and everything Cars related. And I mean everything. He wakes up in the morning to watch Cars. His day will not go the right way if it doesn't start out with Cars. He has like 10 Lightning McQueen Cars. When he goes to bed at night he has to have his ightning car, or the bed bugs will definitely bite. He sleeps peacefully all night long with a death grip on his lightning McQueen car. He wakes up with his lightning McQueen car still in his hand. He takes baths with his Lightning McQueen. Eats, shops, and well you name it Lightning McQueen is locked in to his kung fu grip. This kid will stop the earth from turning if his lightning came up missing. It is rather cute and funny, but on the other hand if I have to watch Cars one more time I am going to go crazy. We went to Kmart today to buy some pool care products and a Lightning McQueen power wheel. Now I am not going to go into a great deal of the fiasco we went through to get it off of lay away but...... I will say this. I know why Kmart is going out of business! So we walk by the power wheels and unbeknown to us on an end cap there is the Lightning Mcqueen power wheel we wanted to get him. I didn't even see it, but Aiden sure did. This kid saw this from 50 feet away and started to scream lightning! Lightning! I was like oh great here it starts. So we go to lay away to pick up his surprise gift. The whole time he is screaming Lightning McQueen. So I decided to take Aiden for a walk to the front of Kmart to get another cart. Big mistake. I purposely detoured away from the toy section just to avoid his obsession (mainly because dad will give in and get it for him). So I take the safe route. You know the one that takes you right through the bedding and bathing stuff. Well what do you know there it is the Lightning McQueen shower curtain with the Lightning shower curtain hooks of lightning Mcqueen. I will admit they were pretty cute. Believe it or not I was able to presuade myself into telling my son No!

So we get the cart and make it back to mommy. Where she was anxiously waiting our arrival. So I manage to get the power wheel in the cart with out Aiden getting to mad at me. So as we tried to walk out of the store with his toy, Aiden is walking sideways down the isle with his arms rasied saying my ightning my ightning. I managed to make it to the car where I miraculously got him in the car with out having a complete fit. So I tried to put his power wheel in the back of the explorer, but it was way to big to fit in there. So I had to tie this thing down to the top off the car. Amazingly it made it home in one piece. Even better by the time we got home Aiden had forgotten all about the thing. So we put him down for a nap so mommy and daddy could put his car together. Now he hasn't seen it yet. In fact the plan is to give it to him first thing tomorrow morning. If I remember I will try to post some pics of him on it in the next day or two. Well hopefully he will be surprised to see it. That's all folks. Ka chow!

No comments: