Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Johnny Jumper's

Well it is time for another wonderful landmark in Chris' life. Nothing to fancy, but those of you who have kids or even know others who have kids know what I am talking about by this title. You see this story is more of a pivotal moment in my life. It really defined me as a person in today's modern society. It help me build character and creativity that no parent could ever show there young ones. But I also want to take this chance to give my older brother, Robert, the proper respect he deserves. For I am sure it was him that originally came up with this idea. Although it was me that probably carried out the deed. Honestly I am not completely sure who instigated this or for that fact even orchestrated this event. So I am really telling a story about how two isn't always better than one.

Okay Johnny Jumper. here it is. You see I have two brothers. Rob who is about 18 months older than me and Randall who is about 3 yrs younger than me. Poor kid. Well as you can already tell this is going down hill for Randall. It really started when I was younger. I was still drinking from the bottle and so was our big boy Rob. Well when Rob finished his bottle he would kindly refill his by taking mine from me. Me not knowing better would just let him do it. Yeah I could of cried and fussed, but apparently I was like my Jack, a happy little baby. Thus building my unbreakable bond with my older brother. I share my bottles with him, and he wouldn't beat me up. Well then a few years later came our little brother Randall. Poor little fellow. Well Randall was older, but not old enough to walk around the house. He pretty much had to sit around and watch me and Rob destroy everything in sight. To include his innocent little mind. Well I honestly don't recall who started this, but one rainy day our cute innocent fragile minded little brother Randall was playing in his Johnny Jumper. I vaguely remember the smile on his face that would belt out his cute little baby laugh every time he jumped up and down in his Johnny Jumper. Then my mom left the room, where Rob and I were left unsupervised. Silly little mother goose, just what were you thinking. Upon seizing the moment of joy that came across little Randall's face, Rob and I approached him with the harm and intent of hurting this new little intruder in our life. So as we both noticed how well he like to bounce around in his stupid little Johnny Jumper toy. Simultaneously, we both grabbed a leg and took off running around the corner, pulling until there was no more give in his little Johnny Jumper. To let go and watch him take off like a rocket. Flying from around the corner where we had taken, flying straight into the wall and hitting it head first with G force's only he could describe. Rob and I looked at each other in laughter, well more of a devilish little laugh than anything. With hopes that would send this little kid packing back to where he came from. But no, this guy just laughed harder than he did when he was on his own. Reverse pychiology, this little guy is beating us. So I decided to try it again. Grabbing his legs and running faster and pulling that much more just to let go and watch him fly again. Fly baby FLY! Now this surely had to be the finishing move on this guy. As I ran out of cover guess who was there to see what kind of mischief us boys were in too. Mom! As she asked, just what are you two thinking. Leave him alone. Uh-oh, we did it this time. After a quick swat on the ass we had realized that Randall loved being launched into things. For this guy was laughing the whole time.

Why this story. Well now that I have Jack to keep Aiden entertained. I worry, and for Jack's sake I should. Aiden has already proven to us that he isn't the cute sweet little angel everyone thinks he is. Well actually he is. I just worry that when Jack gets older and we put him in the big kid swing Aiden is going to want to push him, and push him is exactly what he is going to do! I love you guys and take it easy.

Remember I don't recall exactly how this story goes. Hell it could of been Rob doing the whole thing. I just hope you all got a good little chuckle out of it. Sorry if I took someone else's fame.

2 comments:

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

I'm sure Randall will appreciate being called "fragile-minded" by his older brother... :-) I'm just glad I already knew about this incident, as opposed to the BB gun story...

Pam said...

Yeah, just remember this when you're home and Jenn and I go to the movies and leave you and Mike in charge of the kids!!!

NEVER NEVER NEVER leave Aiden in the same room with Jack ALONE. :-D

Keep the stories coming Chris...

Mom #2