Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bath Time

Now one dad's favorite parts of the day is bath time. You see I have this theory that the more kids are in water and are enjoying themselves the less they will be scared of drowning. Now as most of my friends now be fore I joined the Army I was a lifeguard. During my time as a lifeguard I got to soak up the rewards of teaching hundreds of small children how to swim, by far one of the best experiences of my life. For I got a lot out of it. Being the one to teach a kid to swim freestyle or the side stroke, or even teaching a young child how to float on his back. I always thought it was pretty cool. So it started when Aiden was really little. I would go in there and watch him take his baths and splash water on him. At first he was kind of like uh what are you doing? But as he got older he really started to like it. By the time he was walking if you asked him if he wanted to take a bath, he would take off running for the tub and scream until you came in there and turned the water on for him. I was pretty excited to see him excited to take a bath. Well then one day I was drinking water and I decided to spit water on him. Well he laughed so hard that he could barely sit up. You know when they do there belly laugh. It was absolutely hilarious. Well that was the starting point. I would do this to him several times when he was taking his baths and it always got him to laugh. In fact when I was home on leave I did it to him again and he just rolled all over in the tub laughing. It was like it was the funniest thing in the world. Well Jennifer decided the other day that she wanted to save a little time and give both of the kids a bath together. No big deal, Jack is getting to the point to where he can sit up right for a few minutes on his own before falling over. Plus we have this baby chair that attaches to the side of the tub for babies who are to big to be in the baby bath tubs. So aiden and Jack were in the tub, Jennifer was sitting there holding on to Jack. Well Aiden gets this idea to put water in his mouth and to spit it out. Except instead of him spitting it at Jack he spits it all over the floor. Now at first Jennifer wasn't aware of what he was going to do. She just thought he was going to take a drink of water. Well as he spit the water all over the floor little Jack just laughed hysterically. Part of me is glad he didn't spit it all over Jack, for we all now Jennifer would of gotten the bulk of the water. But I sure am glad that Aiden is doing his best to be the man of the house. He really tries to fulfill his daddy's shoe's and this is just a small example of him working hard. I love you AIDEN!

No comments: