Thursday, August 28, 2008

Career's

So every parent has high hopes that their kids will grow up to be a doctor, a lawyer, or even the next President. As a father of two very beautiful boys I to have high hopes for my children. I would love for my kids to pursue a lifetime award fulfilling career that will help them to climb the highest steps of the ladder to success. Sure I would love for one of my boys to be an astronaut and one to be a the lead executive in a fortune 500 company. I think it would be great. Now as we all now my children are still very young. Aiden my oldest is just 2 yrs old and Jack is almost 5 months old. So maybe it is a little early to get them started in the right path of life to reach the goals I would like them to achieve. But then again those are my goals, and it's not about me. It's about me encouraging my children to always to their best in life and to continue to reach there goals regardless of how outrageous or far fetched they may be. As a father it is my job to teach them what they need to know, show them what they need to know, and to give them all of the tools they may need to reach their goals.

So it might be a little to early in there lifes to start planning for what I would like them to do in life. I mean Jack still can't walk so how can he possible be an astronaut at such an early time in his life. Then there is Aiden, who is quite the character. This kid is not even three yrs old and he is already proving that not even the sky is his limit. He has also recently shown to his mother that he has already sparked an interest in what kind of career path he would like to start. I mean this kid is 2 yrs old and he is already training himself in some of the stuff he may endure later on in life in his career. Now, I know your probably thinking: What is Chris talking about? Firefighting. Well, about three weeks ago or so Jennifer was putting Jack to sleep and Aiden was left in the living room unattended to watch his favorite movie CARS. Well I guess Aiden felt that his movie wasn't really entertaining him as much as it should. So like any young boy with an extremely creative imagination decided that he will take it into his own hands to fill the huge gap of entertainment that he oh so deserved. I mean it is hard being a cute little 2 yr old boy. Specially when he has to compete with a 4 month old baby. Now I don't want you to get the impression that my wife neglects my kids, for it is so not true. In fact a really look up to my wife. Raising two very little children while your husband is deployed to Iraq. So I give her all of the props in the world. Now back to the story. Now both of my children are very cute and adorable. So as Aiden was sitting their pondering on what could he possibly do to fulfill his boredom. So as he sat there, this great idea came to his head. Where he got this idea, I have no clue.

For those of you who have been to my house you all now that we have this fairly nice floor lamp right behind our humongous couch. Figured it out yet? So, Aiden decides that he is going to climb onto the top of the back of the couch and hold on to the floor lamp and slide down the lamp post kind of like how the firefighter do it. As he descended the two foot slide tot he ground guess who walks around the corner. Mom! that's right Mom! Of course the first thing mom asks is, What are you doing?

Now I really doubt Aiden has a full grasp on what could of happened to him, or he wouldn't of done it. Yeah, right, Chris. That never stopped me from doing the things I did in life ( i.e. BB gun wars) Of course Aiden just gave his mother that cute adorable smile he gives to get him out of trouble. Now we don't know exactly for sure what he was doing. For all we know he was just playing with the post. Yeah, right. You see Jennifer didn't really catch him in the act of sliding down the pole, but we can only assume what his little mind was upto. I will admit to this day I still think it's funny. On the other hand maybe he wasn't trying to slide down the pole like a firefighter, maybe he was seeing what it was like to be a stunt man (oh, for Jennifer's sanity I hope that was not his intent), or maybe he was trying to climb up the pole like a mountain climber. There are a lot of possibilities on what he really was doing and we may never know the whole truth. I hope you guys like my version of the story a little better than Jenn's.

No comments: